Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another Busy Day 2










































































































I'm going to sleep soundly tonight.

Around 11 am, I was dropped off at Willis Center while the Women's Basketball team held a brunch in honor of the success our tremendous student-athletes achieved this year. Who knows? Maybe I saw some of next year's freshman hoop players as after the brunch I mingled with Admitted Students around Pepper's Lawn. We went from table to table making sure all of these future Bulldogs felt welcome. Can you imagine having a better day to invite admitted students to the University? I can't. Well actually I can - because we're going to have another ten days like this in a row. However, let's not let this weather get in the way of upcoming finals .... And across the way on the quad the Multicultural Festival was just kicking into gear. There was a lot going on at the University.

From Pepper's Lawn, Talulah and I walked over to the Field of Dreams to watch our now 10-2 SCIAC conference leading team defeat Pomona-Pitzer in both games of a double header. Our Bulldogs played exception ball as they put together both offense and pitching to outscore the Sagehens 14-1. Let's keep this momentum for next Thursdays home game against the Ephs of William College. And don't ask me what an Eph is. I'm still trying to figure out what a Gustie is.

No comments: