Friday, March 20, 2009

Redlands Invitational Track and Field



































































It was another excellent day in Redlands for hanging out at Ted Runner Stadium/Cunningham Track and watching our Bulldogs run, jump, and throw their way to excellent finishes at the Redlands Invitational Meet. Our ladies placed second and the men took third. Great job. Before we even began, I was able to corral all the athletes for a group picture. Thanks guys. Thanks Coach. As for the individual events, personally I love the 10k race because I get to watch the start and then mingle with the athletes for a little over 30 or 40 minutes before the race is over. This gives me time to roll around in the grass and scratch my back or get my ears rubbed by students. The throwing events are obviously dear to my heart as Bulldogs are known to excel in this arena. If I had an opposable thumb, I'd probably take up javelin myself. Or maybe the Pole Vault. Oh well. I guess the only sad part of today was that this was our last home meet of the year.

No comments: