Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Men's Basketball vs. La Verne (L 63-75)


























































































































































I'm not really a cat person. Truth be told, I chase the two that live with me as often as I can. But I never catch them. The same story played out tonight in Currier Gym in front of 200 plus fans. We're clearly a good team. We clearly have the best mascot and fans. But we let the darn Leopards grab a lead in the second half when we went cold from the floor and we couldn't recover. After a close first half, we came out and shot a dismal 33 percent from the floor while our counterparts hit 63 percent. They also capitalized on points off turnovers more than we did. Andrew, Tristan, and Jordan led the way, but our 16 percent from behind the arc was too much. We're still 3-1 in SCIAC. We won't let this minor setback affect us. We'll rebound against the Poets on Saturday for our annual Take a Kid to the Game night. And perhaps I'll exhibit my newly found flying skills again. Coach Mari has been working hard on my vertical leaps and I've been working on my landings.

No comments: