Saturday, January 29, 2011

Swim and Dive vs. La Verne

























































































































This is the kind of day you sit back at Thompson Aquatic Center and wonder why anyone lives anywhere else. I did. It was 70 degrees on the deck with snow capped mountains, blue skies, and palm trees framing the view. We take Redlands for granted some days, but not today. This was exceptional. And for those fans that made it out, they got to see another exceptional performance by our Bulldogs against the Leopards of La Verne. Our men should remain undefeated in SCIAC (6-0) while our women should move to 5-1. I arrived as the diving was coming to a close so I made one unsanctioned attempt at the 1m board. Hey, I thought I could score a few points for the team. The landing didn't go as well as planned but we didn't need the points anyway. This minor fiasco was followed by my favorite event, the 200 fly. If there ever was a stroke made for a bulldog, that's it. But the referee stopped me as I hopped on the block... We looked strong in all the events. I recommend everyone come out and catch us against CMS next Saturday. Bring some sunscreen. Cheer on our Dawgs!

No comments: