Monday, October 22, 2012

Homecoming 2012 - "Date" and Game





















One lucky person who contributed to the "1000 Reasons Why We Love Redlands" campaign was randomly selected to go on a date with me during Homecoming. That special person was Lori Horter '88 (and her husband and kids, too!) We met at the bookstore and proceeded to make our way to the Quad for dinner, the parade and to take some pictures. Lori wasn't prepared for all the "interruptions" to our date by all my fans wanting to take pictures with me, but she was easy going and cooperative - you have to be when you are dating a celebrity! Go with the flow and "rock n roll"!!! We did roll through the parade and on to the football game. Lori and her husband helped me welcome the team to the field and we later spent some time in the stands with the Kuncls watching the game. At halftime, Lori and I helped crown this year's Homecoming Court after watching the cheer squad and dance team perform on the field. (Yes, I wore my tuxedo again - got to dress the part!) It was an excellent football game, too. The Bulldogs were unstoppable in a 32-13 romp over the visiting Panthers of Chapman University. I thoroughly enjoyed my date with Lori and meeting all the alumni, students, and their families this weekend. A very successful Homecoming for All!!! Och Tamale!!!!

No comments: