Saturday, January 3, 2009

Women's Basketball vs Drew



































































Tonight was a good night to be a Bulldog. I'm normally pretty docile, but if I have to I can scrap with the best of them. And tonight, I needed some extra toughness because 52 fouls were called and another 52 may have gone unnoticed. All four of my elbows were scuffed. I swear. I noticed that a few of my teeth were also crooked, but Talulah reminded me that was from playing tug-o-war.

We won the game 82-56. We won because we shot a lights out 60 percent from the floor while holding the Rangers to just under 30 percent. But it wasn't a foregone conclusion from the start. Drew actually rallied back from an early 14 point deficit to take a 2 point lead in the opening minutes of the second half. Drew came in with a 6-2 record so I knew they were a good team. But then our depth became evident as our bench outscored theirs 31-3. Everyone got in the game and almost everyone scored. That makes it two in a row with Oxy coming in this Thursday at 7:30 pm. I'll be there, with a few new bruises...

No comments: