Saturday, September 18, 2010

Football vs. Whitworth (W 23-7)

























































































































Tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day but after tonight's 23-7 Bulldog victory, we showed there was more barrhhhk than bite to the Pirates of Whitworth. To be fair, the first half of tonight's game wasn't pretty for either side. Whitworth was a worthy opponent and our guys were as tentative as I was in accepting the mascot role. I wasn't too worried though. I knew we'd prevail. We had 2,000 plus fans in the stadium, a loud and cheerful pep squad, and 20 or so crazy water polo players backing us. And I was right. We came out to play in the third quarter, logged in two Selway touchdown passes, and blocked a punt to take control. Daylan ended the night with over 100 yards. I ended the night asleep in my new wagon whilst my grandpa stayed awake to enjoy one of his last official nights at Ten Runner Stadium. We're back in two weeks for our SCIAC opener. Come out and bring your kid. Maybe I'll bring Duke. Go Dawgs!

No comments: