Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Women's Soccer vs. La Verne 4-0

























































































































Thurber here. Because it was my birthday (and Truffles too!), Grandpa Duke let me go solo to the SCIAC opener for the Women's Soccer team. He's resting up for Saturday for Rah Rah Redlands so I got to prance about Farquhar Field while our Lady Bulldogs took on the Leopards of La Verne. I made several laps around the pitch, stopping frequently for pictures and high fives on the student and parent side and garnering some rest and occasional pats on the head on the players side. My present tonight was a lopsided 4-0 victory with goals from two underclassmen, Meghan and Kinslee (her first collegiate goal ever) and two upperclassmen, Maddy and Fiona. If I'm not mistaken I think I even saw a dance after one goal. The Leopards mustered three shots to our 25. It was a strong showing on our part. Thanks to the ladies for the "Happy Birthday" serenade after the game. Great game Bulldogs! See you Saturday vs. Pomona-Pitzer.

No comments: