Thursday, November 4, 2010

Men's Soccer vs. Pomona-Pitzer (W 1-0)










































































































The men played in Round 1 of the SCIAC tournament against a feisty Sagehen opponent on another perfect evening after an unusually warm day. It was great soccer weather for the 400 plus fans sprawled out on the grass berms. I admit I arrived a tad late because I had to attend a Math Review Session (I need some brushing up on probability). But I was well rested and I arrived in time to catch Jamie's goal toward the end of the first half. It turned out that the single netter held up for the final score, in part to some superb play and saves by Andreas in the pipes. There was one shot that bounced off the posts that I thought might be a Sagehen equalizer, but luckily it went back out and was cleared by our defense. Round 1 to the Bulldogs! Next up are the Stags for the tournament title. That game is Saturday at 7 pm also at Farquhar Field. Meanwhile I schmoozed some with the Women's Soccer team and wished them luck in their title game Saturday at Oxy. Go Dawgs!

No comments: