Thursday, November 11, 2010

NCAA Round 1 Redlands vs. Chapman (W 2-1)





























Our Women's Bulldog Soccer team travelled to Orange today to play the Panthers of Chapman. Unfortunately an arcane and misguided NCAA rule doesn't allow "live" mascots to attend. I can understand the rule for panthers, or bears, or regals, or banana slugs, but Bulldogs? We're the mildest mannered mascot out there. There are a few NCAA officials that could learn a thing or two from hanging out with a Bulldog on the sidelines. Oh well. I sent a stuffed mascot in my stead and I watched Live Stats on line. I did send my handler along on the bus with 50 or so ardent fans and athletes. That was some consolation. The game I'm told was a continuation of the excitement and momentum that has been building since the start of our SCIAC tournament. We scored first and they struck the equalizer soon thereafter. In the second half we scored again (both goals from Fiona) and Rachel and the defense held on for the 2-1 victory. Next stop, TO. Way to go Bulldogs!

No comments: