Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rosa Parks Elementary School - 10/11/11


At the Rah Rah Redlands event last September, I met a group of 6th graders and their teacher Michael Pate who were adopting the University of Redlands as their "College." They go to Rosa Parks Elementary School and participate in the NEU Program which promotes getting kids to think early on about attending college. I was invited to meet the rest of the class in Eastvale on Tuesday. The new school is amazing! Every class (K to 6th) has adopted a college or university. I met a kindergarten class who are learning about the University of Georgia (Bulldogs!) as well as a 2nd grade class who have adopted Stanford. Various other universities were mentioned and their mascots displayed in the classrooms that I passed by. The class showed me a PowerPoint from their trip to Redlands. I'm excited to see them all again at Homecoming. Way to start thinking about being a Bulldog For Life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had fun that day!