Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bulldogs vs. CMS Athenas















































































Every now and then you need a game like tonight. Our last few home games have been way too close and I'm getting way too old for the drama. I was actually looking forward to a few road games to recover but tonight, our lady Bulldogs took care of business. They played great defense, shot well, and never let the Athenas back into the game after we went up by 30 plus points in the first half. Yeah, 30 plus points! I was able to relax and spend half time walking around the gym with Thurber. Meeting fans and showing off my grand kid are my favorite things to do. The second half we stayed focused and fierce. Courtney, Meghan, and Mariah had stand out games. Mackenzie and Ali played well. Our bench got quality minutes. Chelsea, Ashley, Killian, Katy, Christina, and Allison contributed like veterans. This team has depth and it showed tonight. And what is this 80 percent free throw percentage? What team was I watching? I'm glad Thurber finally got to see this team at it's full potential. We have five more SCIAC games to go. Let's continue playing like this through the end of the month and beyond. Caltech on Saturday at 5 pm.

No comments: