Friday, February 19, 2010

Center for the Arts Dedication plus Tennis
























































I am not one to shy away from grand opening events, so I was sure to attend the dedication ceremony for the new Center for the Arts. Dignitaries, benefactors, professors, students, and guests were all in attendance under the tent and threat of rain, but the spotlight will shine on the University for years to come with this grand facility. Oddly enough, I walked around the entire perimeter and didn't see a visiting kennel. How am I going to enjoy the shows? They must be planning on an addition in the near future. I can wait. After the dedication, I sauntered over to Verdieck Courts to watch the Women's Tennis team declaw the Leopards of La Verne 9-0. This was the first of twelve straight home matches so there's plenty of time for fans to watch some excellent tennis. Check out goredlands.com for a complete schedule and find some time to support these ladies. Tomorrow they play Cal Tech.

No comments: