Saturday, February 27, 2010

SCIAC Women's Basketball Tournament Champions!!!









































































































































I traveled to the land of the Tigers tonight to watch the championship game of the SCIAC Tournament. We were in uncharted territory. I'd never been to Oxy. Our lady Bulldogs had never won the tournament. Well now I can say I've been to Oxy and now we can say we're headed to the NCAA Div III Tournament! We won an overtime defense dominated game 55-54. Whew! Great game ladies! I have to put my paw out to everyone who stepped in the paint because it was particularly tough around the basket. Courtney was held to just 12 points on what looks like an uncharacteristic shooting percentage. But the stats won't show how many bruises she'll be sporting the next few days. And Meghan played through the pain of multiple encounters too. She limped away with nine boards, four points, four assists, and two steals. Thank goodness Mariah kept up her post season momentum and poured in a team high 18 points and gathered 14 rebounds. And Ali rained in 17 points from the outside to keep a balance in our attack. But it was defense, defense, defense that dominated the game and Mackenzie came up big with five blocked shots. It was this focus that allowed us to weather the two stretches in each half where we didn't score for nearly five minutes. I wasn't too worried. And when we found ourselves down by three with 12 seconds to go, who delivers? Tres Bueno! This means we have at least one more court this season to display our Bulldog spirit and pride. We find out Monday morning where we'll play. I just hope it's close so I can go again.

No comments: