Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Men's Soccer vs. Pomona-Pitzer (W 2-1)

























































































































I was tied up until the second half of tonight's game versus the Sagehens of Pomona-Pitzer so when I showed up to a two to nil score, I thought I would get to see some more Bulldog goals. But that wasn't to be, at least for our team. Somehow the Sagehens found the back of the net off of a free kick late in the second to make it a 2 to 1 score. So despite controlling the tempo and controlling possession for most of the half, I found myself holding my breath for the final two minutes. As it should be, the score stayed safely there until the final whistle. This win keeps us on top of the standings with the Beavers of Caltech up next. We can't take any team lightly. We need to get out on the pitch and prove we're the better team each time. Go Dawgs!

No comments: