Friday, October 8, 2010

Volleyball vs. Occidental (L 2-3)










































































































With Fall break at hand, I figured Currier Gym and our Lady Bulldogs would need some extra support, so I brought Duke along. But there was plenty of support tonight; 200 plus students, parents, and fans. We were all treated to a great match that began with two dominating Redlands victories. Everything worked. Our energy was infectious. Our play spectacular. The Tigers were all but resigned for an early return home. Duke and I felt confident enough to move across the gym back to the bleachers for Game 3 rather than stay at our usual spot next to coach. And then Occidental started to get some breaks. They're a good team. They took the breaks and gained some hope. Game 4 we wandered back behind the bench but it was too late. My rookie mascot move hurt my team. Well, I'm young and learning. So is our volleyball team. They're still working a few things out. They clearly had it the first two games. They'll put three together next time when they play CMS next Tuesday. Go Bulldogs!

No comments: