Sunday, October 17, 2010

Third Annual Bulldog Triathlon and 5k
























































Our Bulldog XC and Track programs hosted the third annual Bulldog Triathlon and 5k Run, Walk & Roll this morning and several hundred athletes turned out in the drizzle to participate. We were ably supported by the City of Redlands Recreation Department and PossAbilities. This was my first 5k. I opted out of the Triathlon because my bicycle was in the shop and my swimming stroke still needs some work. Anyway, I had to try a 5k after Talulah told me about the one she did last month in support of breast cancer. Entering the event was a bit of a challenge though. It was supposed to be open to participants of any age not species, but the race organizers made an exception and I donned Number 1500. About 48 minutes after I left Ted Runner Stadium I finished the race and placed first in my division; 57th overall. I also marked more shrubbery in one stretch than ever before! Oddly, my handler came in 6 minutes after me even though we were attached by a leash. That was one long leash! I celebrated by rolling around in the grass and hanging out by the pool while the triathlon participants finished their swim. I'm in for next year. If I can do the 5k, why not you?

No comments: