Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Men's Soccer vs Whittier (W 3-0)


























































































Sometime between last week's heat spell and today, the weather turned to fall. And being an English Bulldog I love this weather. But I would be lying if I didn't think we were in for a tough game. The Poets of Whittier came to the pitch in second place, one point behind our league leading Bulldogs, and at least seven of their players were from England or Scotland. They probably loved this weather too. I thought we were going to be tested until 3 minutes in Gilbert launched what I thought was a crossing pass and turned into a brilliant far corner poster. The Whittier Keeper was not happy and soon after the talk from their players turned less than poetic and their play became oddly pedantic. Jamie tacked on two second half goals and our Bulldogs solidified their position at the top of the SCIAC with a convincing if not crushing victory. Well done lads! We play La Verne at 1 pm this Saturday at Farquhar Field. I'll see you there.

No comments: