Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Volleyball vs. Leopards (W 3-1)









































































































































In the first of two matches this week vs. the Leopards of La Verne, our Bulldogs came out on top 3-1. This was our Spike Out Breast Cancer night (had I known in advance I would have brought Talulah), but Currier Gym wasn't as packed as it could have been because of the rain and thunder outside. I think many students were holed up in their dorm wondering if they even packed an umbrella when they arrived in August; and where was it now? For those of us that were there, it was still loud and it was entertaining as ever. I like the way we played tonight. When we were down we pawed our way back in. La Verne won the second set because they're a good team. Tonight we were better. I thought after four matches this weekend we might come out flat against our SCIAC foe, but we didn't. It was a solid performance with a slightly different cast of characters on the floor than I was used to. Coach is really mixing it up this season and I think the dividends of that strategy are starting to show. Great games. Great defense. Now let's do it again on Friday. Go Dawgs!

No comments: