Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lacrosse vs. CMS (L 16-17) White Out!






















I'll admit I have no idea what the White Out theme at tonight's Lacrosse game was all about. But heh, I'm all white so I figured I was dressed for the occasion anyway. And lucky I showed up. This was a great game. This was competitive, exciting, and heartbreaking all wrapped into our first loss of the season. To set the stage, the Athenas of CMS are the defending SCIAC champions. They beat us three times last year, twice by double digits, but each time we got better. Tonight, we stepped it up again. We came up one goal short, 16-17, but we had several chances in the waning minutes to tie it. Jacky had a prolific scoring night with seven netters and KK added five of her own. We were down by as many as six at several points, but we always responded with Bulldog tenacity. There wasn't a second we didn't think we have a chance to tie and take the lead. It was all fight and I look forward to our next match up. Like the weather tonight, the warm winds of change are clearly here and Bulldog Lacrosse is looking like a contender.

No comments: